Tuesday, August 28, 2012

About Me and blah blah blah

While I'm trying to figure out all the nifty things I can do to fix this blog up, I'll talk about myself.  Because I'm the most interesting woman in the world.  Haha.   

Anyhow....I'm thirtysomething, married, have a sweet baby girl (who will be one year old in just a few weeks!), and have a houseful of cats.

When I'm not writing, I'm working at a non-profit, playing with my daughter, pretending to garden (as in, I plant a lot of stuff but get too lazy to weed or water very often), figure skating, hiking, traveling (when the $ allows), watching tv or movies with the husband, letting the husband drag me to social events (I married an extrovert...which is good, or I'd be a crazy cat lady who stayed home all the time watching Hoarders), and doing all that boring housework that never seems to be finished.

I write upper middle grade contemporary fiction.  I have one shelved novel, one complete novel I need to resume querying on, one novel in revisions, and one I need to begin outlining.  The three books I've written have all been pantsed, NaNoWriMo-style.  I have big plans for turning myself into a plotter for the next WIP...we'll see how that goes. ;)

One day I'd love to try my hand at contemporary YA and at either MG or YA historical fiction.  YA scares me a bit because of all the sexybits, and historical scares me because I have a masters in US history and I know exactly how much research I'd make myself do before started writing.  And properly cited footnotes.  Yeah, I'd have to get over that.  One day.

2 comments:

  1. Well nice to officially meet you.
    Please don't let the blog die. ;)

    ReplyDelete