Here are my top moments from the event and New York, in no particular order:
1) The ARCs. Holy wow. I brought home 51 books, and there were still some I wish I'd gotten my hands on! A group of us made the smart decision to bring a rolling suitcase to the Javits Center. For $3, we checked it downstairs, and then we all filled it with books during the day.
2) I learned how to hail a cab! (Thanks to Jen Malone!) I feel all officially New York-ish now.
|Me, outside the |
Simon & Schuster offices.
|Friday night dinner.|
5) The pizza. YUM. So yummy, in fact, that I ate pizza twice on Friday.
6) Dinner with the Fearless Fifteeners! We had a great turnout for dinner, and it was great to meet these people I've been chatting with online for months. What a great group of talented people!
7) Aladdin/Simon Pulse cocktail party. I was super nervous about this, but everyone was so friendly! The party was at this nautical-themed dive bar, and was full of editors, publicists, marketing people, and authors. Everyone from the imprints was so much fun to talk to. I also met Rachel Renee Russell (of Dork Diaries fame) and almost spilled water on Scott Westerfeld. I so totally belong. ;)